Tupperware heater : Comparison and buying guide
of reading - words
Do you always want to keep your food hot and delicious when you're on the go? Are you currently looking for a warming bowl, but are faced with a plethora of products to choose from? We can help you find the right one for your needs.
It's obvious: hot meals are not only delicious, but they are also healthier for the body. Indeed, the human digestive system is particularly sensitive to the temperature of food. Therefore, a hot meal is recommended because it will be easy to digest, unlike a cold meal. However, it can be quite difficult for some people to always respect this eating habit, especially if they are nomadic. An effective solution to this problem is the purchase of a heated tupperware.
In reality, the perfect heated tupperware does not exist, especially since there is a wide range of lunch boxes on the market. In order to find the one that meets your requirements, you need a serious comparison as well as some objective criteria of choice. These are the only ways to acquire the model of your dreams.
And this is exactly what we will help you do through this guide. After presenting the concept of the heated tupperware, we will offer you the best comparison of the product to conclude with a customized buying guide.
What is a heated tupperware?
Basically, tupperware is a silicone jar that holds and transports fresh food. It is an eponymous utensil. It takes its name from its manufacturing company, Tupperware, created in 1938 in the United States by Earl Tupper. Today, the brand has revolutionized its products by integrating heated tupperware into its collection.
These are actually portable containers that run on an internal heating system. You simply fill them with your food, plug them into an outlet and your food is heated in minutes. Some models look like tiny slow cookers and run on power sources ranging from 12V to 220V.
On the other hand, you will find other models in the form of an electric lunch box with several separate compartments inside. How about we show you some options through a comparison that analyzes the best heated tupperware?
Tupperware heater: comparison of the best models on the market
After some experimentation, our editorial team has prepared a comparison of the best models that you will find at Healthy Lunch.
The Vieux Rose Heated Lunch Box: the customers' choice
We can't start this selection without mentioning this product that is currently making the news on our store. Apart from its vintage design, it heats and cooks your delicious meals.
- Compact: Healthy Lunch's signature warming box is lightweight and easy to carry. The manufacturers thought to make it easy for you with controlled dimensions: 25.5 cm long, 14 cm wide and 17 cm high.
- Capacity: the store offers two models with different capacities. The first one offers 400 ml while the second one has two levels and a capacity of 800 ml.
- Safe material: this bento box is made of a healthy and ecological silicone gasket, with a double stainless steel inner wall. Thus, your meals will always keep their flavors as well as their nutrients.
- Power source: the tupperware works thanks to a 220V heating cable that is offered to you when you buy it. Simply plug it into a wall outlet to heat your meal.
Weaknesses of the product
- No 12V adapter for use in the car;
- Small capacity for the single deck format.
Orange Heated Lunch Box (Car/Home): the most popular
Want to heat up meat, vegetables or leftovers from yesterday's meal? This heated tupperware will certainly please you.
Product strengths :
- Heating system: to heat your meals, the food box is delivered with 2 different power adapters: 12V for the cigarette lighter of your car and 220V for the mains. Moreover, the model includes a safety system that protects you from overheating the device.
- Large capacity: our airtight box has three internal compartments with a capacity of 1 liter. This makes it easy for you to carry a variety of foods: vegetables, soups, spaghetti, etc.
- Healthy and food-certified design material: the lunch box is designed with a stainless steel, BPA-free interior and a polypropylene plastic box. This is a 100% reusable material that makes you environmentally responsible.
- Easy care: You'll have no trouble getting rid of food debris when cleaning the warming bowl. It's as dishwasher safe as a regular plate.
- Dimensions for easy transportation: 24.5 cm long, 19 cm wide and 10 cm high.
- Free shipping.
Weaknesses of the product
- Only one level with three compartments;
- Capacity of 1 liter which is suitable for individual use.
The Green Heated Lunch Box (Office): the best added value on the market
Delivered free of charge, this bento warmer combines originality and performance. You don't need a microwave to use it, because it has the best you need.
- Food grade material: this container is made with BPA-free materials, which are non-toxic to your health. This includes an internal stainless steel insert that offers great heat resistance at any temperature level. Better yet, this detail makes the lunch box a product that meets dietary safety standards.
- Fast heat-up time: once plugged in, the lunch box promises a cooking time of about 15 minutes. In addition, its heating system prevents the equipment from overheating. In a nutshell, you avoid short circuit worries.
- Useful accessories: you are entitled to a 220V power adapter for mains or wall outlets. And unlike other products, you also get a cutlery kit consisting of a fork, a spoon and a chopstick.
- Capacity: with a capacity of 1 liter, the interior of the electric lunch box integrates three compartments to separate the salty and sweet meals. We remind you that they are removable for a passage to the dishwasher.
- Waterproof: the tupperware signed Healthy Lunch has particularly hermetic heating covers. Therefore, you won't have to worry about food leaking into your bag or onto your work surface.
- Ergonomic size for easy carrying: 24 cm long, 17 cm wide and 10 cm high.
Weaknesses of the product
- 1 single level available with 4 compartments;
- 1 liter capacity only suitable for individual use.
Buying guide for the best heated tupperware: all the advice you need
It is obvious that no one wants to invest in something that is not worth their money. That's why you need to consider a variety of factors if you're thinking about buying a heated tupperware.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of using a heated lunch box?
The first advantage of using a heated tupperware is the convenience of a hot meal at your fingertips. You don't need a microwave oven to cook or reheat your favorite meals. Without leaving your desk, you have a delicious, warm meal in minutes. Also, the jar can be taken anywhere, is healthy, and is a great money saver on fast food.
However, there are also drawbacks to note, especially if you are an office worker. Obviously, some workstation configurations may prevent you from enjoying the benefits of the storage box. In addition, you have to plug it into an electrical outlet. Imagine for a moment that the outlet is located under your desk. This means that you will have to crawl under the table every day to plug in or unplug the device. So pay attention to this detail before you buy.
What are the factors that determine the best warming tupperware?
Find here all the important criteria that you should always check before choosing your heated tupperware.
Size and capacity
Several sizes exist to offer you a unique consumption experience. Depending on the portability and your eating habits, there are small sizes (200 ml to 350 ml capacity), medium sizes (400 to 800 ml) and large sizes (more than 1 liter).
The design material
Here, we recommend that you opt for stainless steel with a polypropylene plastic casing. These are premium quality materials and are Bisphenol A free. Moreover, they are easy to maintain and guarantee the durability of your warming bowl.
The power source
Because of the electricity your warmer uses, you need an optimal power source. So make sure the output voltage of the box is compatible with your local power source. For use in the car, we recommend units with 12V or 24V adapters to plug into the cigarette lighter. For more information on this subject, you can consult our article dealing with car flat heaters. On the other hand, in the office or at home, you will need a cable with a single 220V power outlet.
A quality warming bowl must be able to heat your food in a few minutes. Typically, the typical time is between 20 and 30 minutes. At Healthy Lunch, we break that record with models that heat up your food in just 15 minutes.
Due to certain specifics, the price of food warmers can vary on the market. Naturally, a 2 or 3 tiered bowl will cost more than a modest, but compact and complete tupperware. At Healthy Lunch, we offer a remarkable value for money. Just browse through our catalog to get the best deal.
In short, you don't have to carry around disposable dishes to finally eat cold food. Take advantage of the heated tupperware in our comparison that cooks and heats your raw or prepared food from home. And if one of the models convinces you, our secure online store opens its doors to you.